When black men are yet again targeted with brutally racist violence, all you can think is: What You Gonna Do When the World’s on Fire?
Brutal violence and deeply racist societal structures cause a burden almost too large to bear, but the black communities of New Orleans in the South of the US have no choice but to survive.
The film had its world premiere at the Venice Film Festival in 2018, where it won the UNICEF Award, amongst others.
“Roberto Minervini weaves four strands together, comprising different voices within the African American communities of New Orleans. What You Gonna Do When the World’s on Fire? takes a natural direction for the Italian-born director to go considering his interest in exploring the flip-side of the American dream.” – Jay Weissberg, Variety
- Director: Roberto Minervini
- Country: France, Italy, USA
- Year: 2018
- Length: 123 min
- Age limit: K16
- Format: DCP
- Cinematography: Diego Romero Suarez-Llanos
- Editing: Marie-Hélène Dozo
- Production: Okta Film, Pulpa Film
- Kinopalatsi 1: Tue 29.1. at 20.00
- Savoy-teatteri: Sat 2.2. at 19.00
- Bio Rex: Sun 3.2. at 18.15